Monday, June 29, 2009

Through The Clouds There Are Some Shining Stars....

You didn't think I was going to watch the whole BET awards and not get a smile from it. I got a few actually. And I have a few favorite performances. SURPRISE SURPRISE. I'm just gonna name them and talk about them, because the awards should not shadow these performances. These people did their thing on the stage. And I give them my props.

First and foremost, my babe Trey and his tribute to the O'Jays with Tyrese and Johnhy Gill.

My Treymates and I, were anticipating this performance. It was Trey's first performance on the awards. We support our boy. We go HAM. And he sure didn't disappoint us. Not one bit. AND when he started dancing. LOL! I was just so proud of him. He actually did it and didn't fuck up. I love him. And boy do I love me some Tyrese. That boy can sang. And Johnny Gill, what was up with them faces man. LOL. But all three of them did amazing. I loved every minute of it.


(BACKSTAGE)

NEXT.

My boy Maxwell. WOOT! And he sung the best song in the world and looked and sounded great while doing it. That's real 90's R&B right there, man. That's what I wish we can get back to.

HE'S BACK!!

OLD R&B ACTS... THE O'JAYS, NEW EDITION, GUY, KEITH SWEAT, BBD!! Omg I love them all. I love seeing them get back together and performing. No matter how old they get, I will still want to see them live. I wished Boys II Men was there tho. That would've made my night.


FOR THE MIKE TRIBUTES ... I'LL ADMIT NE-YO DID HIS THING AND CIARA WAS DECENT, BUT THEY ARE STILL DANCERS AND SHOULD'VE DANCED.


Performance Misses:
Everybody that I didn't include above. The only reason why I liked Jamie's performance was because of Travis Barker, I love me some Travis Barker. Beyonce should've quit playing and sung Single Ladies, Ego, or Diva. You don't pull that type of song out on a BET audience. Where's the party at bish?? She is messing up. Especially in that outfit ... just wrong. But she sounded flawness. Bad song choice. Keyshia Cole, love her but no, Monica took that performance for me. Soulja who??? I don't remember that performance. Jay-z needs to sit down. Felt bad about Drake's injury, but that performance was a mess. Lil' girls up there dancing Lil' Wayne. WTF. FILLER! And Baby ... get the fuck outta here. Are you serious? They went on after Maxwell, The OJays, Trey, Tyrese and Johnny. How bout no. Maybe next year. Jamie and Ne-Yo doing more performances than I needed to see. DEADD. Keri Hilson ... why she tryna be Elvis? And WTF was up with the end of her performance. I walked away on that one.

IF I MISSED ANYONE THEN THEY WEREN'T WORTH REMEMBERING.

So I said my piece. What did yall think of the performances? And please be anything but kind here. I'll allow any venting if need be.

All pics via NecoleBitchie.com

0 People Listening:

Related Posts with Thumbnails