Tuesday, June 30, 2009

ANTICIPATION = ADDICTION


It's an addiction in it's truest form. It's like ecstasy for your ears. It's Anticipation. This is my kind of music. Slow R&B. I can play this entire mixtape without skipping it. And I don't do that for for alot of album, let alone mixtapes. This is a new breed of mixtape, a breed that other R&B artist can learn from and be able to pull together a collection like Anticipation.

Maybe there's like a fast song or two. But this mixtape needs not to overcompensate for a formula that was already achieved the minute the music started. And it sounds SO GOOD (Electrik Red voice). Like I said in a previous post, this mixtape could've easily been a album. That is how good it is, how well put together it is, how well written and produced it is. I would've paid the last 10 dollars left in my name to buy it. But yet it's free. AND I LOVE THAT cause I need to hold on to my 10 dollars. I appreciate the fact that they released it for free for the fans.

Whatever Songbook set out to do with this mixtape, they certainly achieved. If nay sayers and non fans weren't listening before, they will be listening now. BELEE THAT!

I can't write this without running the credits. I have people to thank for this lovely collection of music. I wanna thank Troy Taylor, John "SK" McGee, E. Miles, Patrick Hayes, Young Yonni, Eric Hudson, J. Austin (if the J stands for Johnta), and whoever else I do not recognize by name. Thank them all for creating my new obsession. Thank them for making this mixtape the most played music on my iPod. Thank them for leaving me with a smile on my face before I went to sleep this morning. HUGS FOR ALL OF THEM.



What is my favorite song you ask?


Why do I like this song over the rest? Maybe its the feel of it, the intoxicating beat, the way Trey sounds on it, the fact that it made me think when I listened to the lyrics. Maybe it was because I found it as new inspiration for a new story(fiction) I have yet to create. I always appreciate music that inspires me.

The Verdict: I love it, every track, every beat, every harmony, every lyric ...EVERYTHING.

What do you need to do?
Download Anticipation if you don't already have it. I don't know what you waiting on.

5 People Listening:

Deandra92 said...

LOVING IT! MY FAVORITES ARE:MORE THAN THAT,ON TOP, AND IT WOULD BE!

Urban_Elysse said...

Infidelity Is My Fav Too!!!

*BeyondBeauty* said...

I LOVEEEEEEE ANTICIPATION...it def was worth the wait...I downloaded it at 650 this morning, because I feel asleep 10 minutes before it made its debut at 1200 ,and I heard I also missed Trey Shirtless eating Steak..LIVE!!..but my spirits were quickly lifted once I heard ANTICIPATION...I mean this MIXTAPE should've been a cd...I mean WOWZERS the background vocals and words in some songs can some how find a way to personally touch you MIND BODY & SOUL..my favorite song has got to be infidelity ,showerlude[not really a song] and of course the TTU favorite famous...Trey has shown his growth with his vocals in this mixtape..and Ready is gonna hit the charts...Cant wait till late summer when it is released...

TTU/TSMB STAND UP!!!
*Beyond_Beauty*

Anonymous said...

Anticipation is the BEST...Infidelity..is a great song...its soooooooo real!! Im Addicted to Anticipation.. I love Troy, Trey..SK..E. Miles...I kno im forgetting some1 else...but I love you too...for this !!! = )

Treyz_CaliGurl said...

Anticipation is insane!! Songbook kilt it!! Infidelity is one of my favs also..if the pre-album is like THIS..ooooooo i hope everybody is ready for READY.

Related Posts with Thumbnails