Saturday, June 27, 2009

Song Of The Day

So if yall didn't know, I needed to find inspiration to write a story. My inspirations come from many places. I don't even know how I get inspired, but I'm not mad when it happens. I listen to certain music and set there. And I begin to see a scene, people, a setting, their expressions, the slight movements they make as response to whatever is affecting them. And most importantly I hear them talk to me. Its weird to say, but my teachers taught me that. You can't force the characters to do something. Let it happen and write it down. Its like watching someone's life playout and you're just there to take note of it. It's all about listening.

Here's a few songs that inspired me yesterday and these are my songs of the day.

Ginuwine - Only When You're Lonely


Brooke Valentine - Dying of a Broken Heart


pretty dark songs if you ask me, but this is what is use to evoke emotion. If I can't feel the emotion, then I wont believe what I'm writing, therefore the story would not be written.

0 People Listening:

Related Posts with Thumbnails