Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm Addicted To You . . .

"I'm addicted to you, I'm addicted to you, I'm addicted to you, you're my addiction"
-Ryan Leslie "Addiction"

Never has that song been so true.

I'm working through a musical addiction right now. It's consuming every part of me. I spend untold amounts of money feeding my habit, my habit to hear something new every second of every day. See I don't have the proper sources to download like I use to. It's just not available to me. And my main source--I ain't gonna say no names, but he know who he is--seems to flake on me when I try to get something new up on my iPod.

I'm addicted to new music. Every other day i find a new song to love only to forget about it a week later. That's how it works for me. I don't even give myself the time to enjoy a good song. I just move on to the next song in a heart beat. Who feeds into my addiction? All of my new lovely friends on last.fm, my musical source/buddy on Yahoo!, Trey Songz on twitter, Last.fm Recommendations (which is amazing by the way), and just random websites that find me.

I did manage to find a quick fix to my listen and forget 'em mentality. One of my friends on Last.fm had the GENIUS idea to pack songs into monthly playlists. I don't know why I never thought of doing that. That way I have a chance to enjoy all of the good music i receive. Is it working? HELL YES ITS WORKING. I advice you to do the same if you have the same problem I have. Wanna take a look-see?



Can you say progress?

Wait!! There's more.

I have other addictions. One word, no explanation. Twitter. Nuff said. Can't stop talking to myself on that mofo lol. Am I that self absorbed? Uhh, I don't think so. I had a twitter before, but i never used it. I wasn't into it. I thought it was stupid. But I'll be damned if it didn't sneak up on me and smack me with this new found addiction. DAMN IT ALL!!

What else?

Two words, so many explanations. Trey Songz. Good god if I talk about this mofo one more time I'm gonna jab myself in the eye. This was a slow brewing addiction tho. I didn't see this coming or didn't expect it to have that much of an affect on me. RIDICULOUS. I don't wanna talk about it lol. I'm hopeless so no need to help me.

Last but not least. I'm addicted to Last.fm. How could i forget Last.fm? Its the reason why i have so many other addictions. I was on here in 2006 but for some reason i didn't want anything to do with it. And now that I'm using it currently, i don't know what i was thinking back then. I would've had over a hundred thousand plays by now, but since i started late and my computer crashed early last year, i don't have that opportunity. I got a long ways to go. I'm always worried about scrobbling. Making sure my shit is straight everytime i get on here. I guess this is for my own well being that I'm keeping track of what i listen to.It keeps me sane.

Sanity is key. I don't think i have much of it. BUT I'm getting there. I'm gaining it back slowly . . .

0 People Listening:

Related Posts with Thumbnails