Monday, June 29, 2009

Another Serving of Disappointment...

This comes to no surprise to me. The BET awards. I have no great words to say about it. HONESTLY. It upset me to see the show arranged in the way it was arranged. To know the fact the this show was watched nationally embarrassed me. I told yall how I am. I can attract emotion to anything, therefore I feel connected to a lot of things that happens on the TV and if it's bad then I'm either upset or extremely embarrassed for something I have no control over. And to see us as black people be represented like that last night is a shame. To show lack of preparation and organization is something I do not laugh about. I take this seriously. As a fan of music I will not accept this type of fuckery. There is no excuse for that awards show to turn out the way it did. And I don't think the folks over at BET understand that. And because they don't, they have lost themselves a viewer.

Now folks, I understand wholeheartedly the situation BET had with trying to accommodate MJ's tribute into the show. That's a major change. I know. And they had three days to prepare it. THREE. I see that. It comes across in the show, the additional performances. Now saying that I understand that, I will not use that as an excuse for the BET Awards. That awards show should not have been done in the manner it was.

So much for the celebration of his life.

I can tell you so many things that went wrong with the awards.
First: whoever was working on the editing team should get fired. If your not gonna bleep it the first time, sweetie, then why try to catch the next 50 million times. GIVE UP. Them celebrities should know not to cuss. Where were they raised? What type of manners were they given. Sure its funny, but it's a family show. I curse, but I know that there's a time and a place for everything, so I control my mouth. Shouldn't they be told the same thing? And anything sex related (i.e. Jeremih's performance) unless they are absolutely vulgar just don't mess with it.

Second:I love New Edition as if I grew up in their era. Listen to what I say. I LOVE them. But I was disappointed in the set up. When the show opened, I didn't know who the fuck that was on stage. And I felt so bad for them, because I knew if I didn't know, then nobody else knew. Announce them first, so that we won't be left wondering.

Third: Jamie Foxx's pauses after commercial breaks or him reading the teleprompter. If people are having so much trouble reading it, then bring it closer. Not everyone has 20/20 vision.And shouldn't Jamie have a ear piece and someone talking to him, telling him that commercial is over. He can't just stand there with the camera on him looking dumb. He's the host. WTF. He of all people must be on point. BET wasn't in tune with their star player, as Katt Williams would say.

Forth: These random ass Michael Jackson tributes. It just seemed like it was thrown in there as a filler. No care at all. This is MJ, THE KING OF POP! IF anything I expected dancing. Ciara just sat in a chair the whole song. Ne-Yo just sat in a chair the whole song. I mean come on. They are dancers at heart and they were reduced to stool singers. What I'm saying people is that this is a tribute. I don't care how many days you got to pull it together. You do that shit right if its for a icon like MJ. You pick the best, i know noone would object to performing in his name. Hell, I would've accepted if they came as they are, give it their all, and leave their heart out on the stage with it pulsing long after the performance is over. That type of electricity and passion, you know? If you're gonna do it, do it right. Don't bite off more than you can chew. If you wasn't ready for it, yall could've just set up a separate show.

Fifth: It ended on a sad note.You don't end shows like that. If this is a celebration of his music, why leave people in tears? The end of the show is suppose to be uplifting and happy. Michael has plenty of songs that are happy and uplifting.

Sixth: The presentations of the awards. If anything they should've said fuck it and gave people their awards backstage. Why waste time if you won't commit to it?

Seventh: That audience was weak as shit. That wasn't a industry awards show.It was mixed with fans and celebs alike. Where's the excitement.

Eight: The pre-show was fuckery.

Ninth: It was on a Sunday. That's new.

Tenth: For shame they did Chris Brown like that. They saw him for the criminal he has become and not the talented young man he is. They tried to say that they didn't want no back lash. No! Yall just don't wanna see a black man rise up out the dirt. I'll wait for another post to talk about this.

Eleventh: The last two performances were fillers. I know it was a fucking filler. Don't try to play me. Lil' Wayne "Every Girl" for a awards show. HELL NO. Thats red carpet. And yall know how i feel about the note it ended on.

We gots to do better people. We can't let our awards show continue like this. We can not allow another BET awards this bad to ever occur again.

0 People Listening:

Related Posts with Thumbnails