Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Surprise, Surprise

I have never been a big fan of female hip-hop. Nothing about it excites me enough to go out and cop and album. Maybe its good enough to download or borrow from somebody else, but none of it drew me out to the stores and made me swipe the card. Maybe it's just me.

It's not that I am against female rappers. Don't get me wrong. I will listen to Eve and Lil' Kim on any given day. I have a few of their songs on my iPod. (Eve 5, Kim 3) But other than that . . . I'm just not with it. I have to hear about some music from somebody else in order for me to listen to it. I have to be thoroughly convinced, you know?

So last night I was on twitter and Nicole Bitchie tweeted something about this rapper named Nicki Minaj. She released a mixtape recently called "Beem Me Up Scotty." I was skeptical at first, but I was a little interested because of the name. I heard that she is like a version of Lil' Kim. I'll leave yall to be the judge of that. A few links of her songs were posted. I wanted to see what the hype was all about besides her being on Young Money records.

The Verdict: I loved it. I didn't think I would. I'll give her her props. If the mixtape sound like the four songs I heard, then I think it's hot. I probably wont go out and hunt for the mixtape, but I still want to hear the rest.

The moral to this story.

Don't knock anything until you listen to it. You might like it and never know because you didn't give it a chance. That's what I tell everybody. Don't give up on it. Just give it a chance.





Hot Tracks:


Nicki Minaj - I Get Crazy
Nicki Minaj - Handstand
Nicki Minaj - Slumber Party
Nicki Minaj - Go Hard


What yall think?

0 People Listening:

Related Posts with Thumbnails