Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Genesis Experience


It's funny that I'm writing about this. I was on the computer all yesterday chatting it up with some of my TSMB peeps as we all waited for the release of Genesis. As I said before, most if not all of us changed our pics and whatnot in support of it. We waited so long for it, chanting #Genesis to try to make it into a trend, but it didn't. I think Twitter is cheating.

So anyway we kept getting messages from Troy Taylor telling us to be patient, but in all honesty we couldn't. We been waiting all day. I actually wanted to go to sleep, but I didn't (okay I'm lying I didn't go to sleep 'til 4 in the morning).

Finally ... after 12 (wasn't keeping track) the mixtape was released, but it also came with it's set of problems. I was able to download straight from the link. I received a zipped folder. When I went to extract it, the ish didn't work. So I had to play the songs straight from the zipped folder. I had to click on each individual song to get it to work in iTunes. THEN once that was over, I found out that iTunes didn't recognize a damn thing even thought I was playing it. So I had to improvise. I copied all the songs out of there and made a new folder. AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW. It works.

I SHOULD'VE DONE THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! UGH!!

But anyways . . .
I played it and loved it. Not saying that I wasn't going to. I went into the download knowing that I was going to love it. See I had always been a fan of Trey's since the first CD, but (yes there's a but) it was before my download era. I wasn't on YouTube looking up songs. I wasn't downloading songs that he probably made around the time of that CD. I was listening to the radio and the CD and nothing else. So everything on this mixtape is so new to me. So don't fault me yall. I'm just late.


Track Listing

1. The Birth of Songz
2. Trey Songz I Love You
3. Most Important Part
4. My Love
5. If It Was Yesterday
6. Dopest Chick
7. It's About The Game
8. You Are To Me
9. I Don't Love You
10. Ya Never Know
11. The Room Interlude
12. You Da Chick
13. You Da Best
14. Girl I'm Gone
15. From A Woman's Hand
16. Far From Gone
17. Wendy Chung Interlude
18. Pimp Alot
19. What Do You Want
20. From A Woman's Hand (Remix)

0 People Listening:

Related Posts with Thumbnails