Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Biased Ol' Me :)




I'm only biased when it comes to one subject. That subject regards to Trey Songz. Recently (this morning) he released a song "Death of Autotune Kellz" from the Jay-z release from Friday. It's amazing how quick Trey jumped on the track and created a stir. Good or bad, that's attention for him as he said in a early morning broadcast.

So if you don't know who Kellz is, it's R. Kelly. I was never a big fan of R. Kelly. Maybe I liked a song here or there back when Aaliyah was alive. The years following, I just . . .he has be a big NO for me. It came to my attention that part of his comeback was to come out with a mixtape, a mixtape he done entirely in autotune (DEAD). Everyone's hopping on the bandwagon, so why can't he?

Sometimes the autotune isn't made for every voice. There are so many wrong examples out right now, but I'm not gonna talk about that. We gotta FOCUS on the subject at hand.

R. Kelly can sing can't he? So what's the need for this autotune usage. Trey felt the same way, which was his reason for doing the song. As a result, on other blogs, people are taking it as a diss to R. Kelly. But are people really blowing this thing out of proportion if they don't really understand the meaning behind the song.

On Trey's blog (posted today), he said:

First off, anyone who is familiar with my history knows I'm a HUGE R. Kelly fan & have been inspired by him since my early beginnings musically. So while some may take this as disrespect, those who truly listen to the lyrics will understand my urging him to go harder. I've been compared to R. Kelly since my career began while we all can recall R. Kelly stepping on the scene sounding AND looking JUST like Aaron Hall. He demolished his sound and then went on to build his own which was a mixture of many others.

The R. Kelly we all grew to love was innovative, witty, & trendsetting. If you were to say that R. Kelly has excited you musically as of late, I would question your ears. When I heard JayZ's "Death of Autotune" my first thought was when will R. Kelly stop using it; The King of R&B with a autotune filled mixtape (not to mention a auto tuned "Double Up" album) disappoints me. If throwing rocks at the throne wakes up the King, consider them thrown.

I just want R. Kelly back...


I agree with Trey's statement on the issue.
All I'm saying is that if you have a voice, you should use it. There's no need for this computer sound. I want R&B singers to be R&B singers. Don't fake your audiences out, man. You're gonna end up losing them.

A message for all of you out there. DON'T PASS JUDGMENT WITHOUT KNOWING THE FACTS.

Trey Tracks:
The Song That Started It All ... Trey Songz - D.O.A. Kellz
Trey Songz - Wake Up
Trey Songz - Always Strapped

0 People Listening:

Related Posts with Thumbnails