Sunday, June 28, 2009

And the BET Award goes to...

So tonight is the awards, something I'm anticipating for the first time in years. For good reason, tonight is the best reason to watch: the tribute to Michael Jackson, The OJays, and the fact that Trey is making his first appearance on the awards. YAY. I predict a great show, but there's always room for error, and BET is known for mistakes. (especially in performances and who they choose).

Anyway...

I'm going to try to make my predictions and see how correct I am in the end.

Best Female R&B:
Beyoncé
Keyshia Cole
Keri Hilson
Jennifer Hudson
Jazmine Sullivan

Power house group. I love them all. They all have their own styles but their voices are beautiful. But I'm going with Beyonce on this one ... cause she is a all around entertainer. That's something I appreciate.

Best Male R&B:
The-Dream
Jamie Foxx
Ryan Leslie
Ne-Yo
T-Pain

Ugh...I'll say Trey Songz ..lmao. But if i have to pick, I'll say Ne-Yo, just because I like him better than the rest up there.

Best Male Hip-Hop:
Lil Wayne
Rick Ross
T.I.
Kanye West
Young Jeezy

Um... this is a hard one. Lil Wayne ain't get this one last year. Kanye did. But I'm not sure who I want to win. We'll see later.

Best Female Hip-Hop:
Lil Mama
M.I.A.
Trina

This shouldn't be a category. I have no words for this.

Best Group:
Day 26
GS Boyz
N.E.R.D.
The Roots
Three 6 Mafia

Are you serious? GS Boyz and 36Mafia .... NO. My money is going on Day26. I mean these other groups arent as relevant as they are. The roots and NERD are great groups. I love them both, but I'm going wit Day26.


Best Collab:
Jamie Foxx f/ T-Pain - "Blame It"
Keri Hilson f/ Lil Wayne - "Turnin Me On"
Jim Jones/Ron Browz - f/ Juelz Santana "Pop Champagne"
T.I. f/ Rihanna - "Live Your Life"
Yung LA f/ Young Dro and T.I. - "Ain't I"

Best Collab is going to TI. I mean Blame it is good, but I think Live Your Life is a more secure choice. I just don't wanna see Rihanna walk up on stage to accept the award. Maybe I'll take that back. I'm going wit Blame It


Best New Artist:
Keri Hilson
Kid Cudi
Ryan Leslie
M.I.A.
Jazmine Sullivan

Wasn't she a best new artist last year? For this category I'm going wit Keri.

Video Of The Year:
Beyonce "If I Were A Boy"
Beyonce "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)"
Jamie Foxx ft/ T-Pain "Blame It"
T.I. ft/ Rihanna "Live Your Life"
Kanye West "Heartless"

I dont know how the ppl over at BET is judging this, but if it's based on creativity ... I'm going with Kanye wit Heartless. It's a very artistic video and I appreciate art and thought put into videos. My second choice is TI's live your life. That video tells a story and I also appreciate that.


Last but not least Viewers Choice. I voted for Keri Hilson, so I hope she gets that over everyone else in that group.


What do yall think, what are yall predictions?

0 People Listening:

Related Posts with Thumbnails