Tuesday, August 11, 2009

That Warm Fuzzy Feeling . . .


(another photo, altered by yours truly via Photoshop)

I think some people really underestimate the power of a hug. Sure we all throw it around on twitter, but do we actually know how much a hug can alter someones mood? I am not one who openly gives hugs JUST BECAUSE. Its not in my personality. It wasn't something I was brought up on, so I can understand the resistance some people have towards hugs. It's not your fault. For the past two years, I worked hard on accepting and giving hugs in person. And guess what I discovered? It's not so bad. I didn't catch fire. I didn't break nothing. NOTHING HAPPENED. And as relief rushed through me, I wonder why I was so resistant to it in the first place.

So why am I talking about hugs? Well I found this gem of a video below from a friend earlier this year. And it touched me, not to mention ...the song is amazing. Check it out.



For a total stranger to stand in the middle of anywhere holding up a FREE HUG sign just because was mind blowing, to me at least. With the kind of iffy confidence I have, I would never have the guts to do something of this magnitude. I think that's the part that touched me and made me smile. After seeing the video I actually wanted to do it. Just go somewhere, hold a sign up, and give people hugs because I know it would probably make someone else feel a little better about their day. I lie to you not, when I saw this video I smiled the whole way through. It brightened my day, but maybe I'm just a total softy and things like this get to me. WHO KNOWS. I just think that this is a beautiful thing. LOL.

DON'T BE SMUG GIVE SOMEONE A HUG ... you never know how much of a difference you make in someone's life.

-side note- my favorite part was when granny at the beginning gave him a hug, and the guy on the skateboard midway thru ... and he skated up to someone jumped off and gave them a hug.

Yuuup! That warm fuzzy feeling officially just hit me :)

2 People Listening:

T.D.B said...

Oh my. I love giving hugs to ppl I know. I have discovered the 'free hug' movement at my school actually. They caught me and my friends one day in the cafe gave us our own sign and a lil friendly hug. I think some ppl my be reluctant[sp] b/c of personal space issues.

EvoL_1 said...

Aww Brina!!*hug*

Related Posts with Thumbnails