Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Interesting Read | Honeymagazine.com



D.O.B.: Death of Barbie

To any girl who’s ever pinched her more than existent nonexistent muffin fat, wanted big boobs over big brains, thought I was way prettier than my hood pass Christie, or decapitated all of my clones, this is for you:

2009 marks my 50th year of perfect existence and I want out. Since ’59 I’ve fooled you all into thinking my milky skin would never spoil your standards of unattainable beauty. But with Sasha and Malia Obama prancing about like unicorns of international gorgeousness, how can I compete? And now Vogue Italia has those pliant black dolls on their cover as if I don’t exist. Damn integration. I knew that So In Style line was a bad move and I should’ve kept those girls in xenophobic-friendly headgear. Don’t even get me started on the AKA doll!! 2007 was a rough year.


Its a very creative and interesting letter that I think yall should check out. We have to support good creativity. Follow the link above. BTW that picture was the main reason why I clicked on the link. I love that picture. So dark.

2 People Listening:

T.D.B said...

Omg Sabrina! I so love this. It's too real. It shows that the world is moving a lil step at a time and realizing that the Barbie look isn't all it's cracked up to be. Actually I never had a white Barbie...always bought the black ones but still they looked almost the same. Kudos for sharing.

Treyz_CaliGurl said...

damn that was very creative! sounds like somethin barbie would really say! i loved it! i should make my own thich azz brownie ass barbie to piss her off more..Kareem was my bitch too! lmao!

Related Posts with Thumbnails