Wednesday, August 26, 2009

For The Record | FeFe Dobson

I wonder . . .


So FeFe Dobson recently did a interview with Honeymagazine (a place I would like to work for). She talks about her new album, love, disappointments, and Rihanna.

That’s my point. The image thing — to go so extreme, from dancehall reggae queen girl to cool, punky, rocker-chick. People say Rihanna bit your style.
I mean, for sure I question that, but who wouldn’t. She is supposedly a fan of mine. I try to take it as a compliment. It gets a little much when she starts getting the same tattoos as me but overall I just want people to separate the image and listen to the music. It’s about the music. Its like Prince and Michael Jackson, totally different artists. Or its like Kanye West and Jay-Z. So what? They are both black men, they sound different. So they both wear jeans, they are different. And why would you want the same type of artist?

People are definitely an image comparison.
To me, dressing in like expression. You don’t have to be crazy or whatever. Just wear whatever you want to wear.

I think you can tell when it’s contrived and when it’s authentic.

I agree. I do have to say one thing though, her songs are well written. I know Ne-Yo writes some stuff and he is an amazing writer but we’re just different.


Check out the full interview at Honeymag.com

2 People Listening:

Anonymous said...

I always thought Rihanna did bite FeFe Dobson's style...Where the hell is FeFe Dobson.. I liked her music..smh!!!

NaNew21 said...

I LOVE FEFE!!! I'M SOOOO GLAD SHE BACK!!! I HAD HER CD BUT GAVE IT 2 A FRIEND CUZ SHE KEEP BEGGIN 4 IT,UGHHHHH DAMN LEECH!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails