Thursday, August 20, 2009

Poem | Fate

This is a oldie but goodie from yours truly. MEEEEEE!! Enjoy



Standing here in a trance like state
All of my insanity evades me
I refuse to wrap my mind around the meaning of fate

How can goodbye create
Unequal opportunities, nothing is done fairly
Too many actions are being taken, too much to contemplate

With every intent to suffocate
These horrid thoughts spread contagiously
Why am I still holding on, this is not my fate

I'll perish in the life of repetitiveness, my guilt becomes deadweight
This place, these words, these faces are unhealthy
There is no reason for me to contemplate

I wish not to complicate
The course of my future in relation to my history
Because of this meaningless word called fate

Nothing is written in stone I want to let go, it's not too late
This illusion of safety
No longer exist but here I stand in a trance like state
Holding on, pondering the significance of this word called fate.

1 People Listening:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the poem, you should post one once a day cuz i know youo got alot more oldies. Seeing others write inspires me to keep writing and doing spoken word.

Related Posts with Thumbnails