Thursday, August 27, 2009

Poem | by Me

**i based this one off of a painting that i saw. I had to interpret it in my own way. The only thing I remember about the painting was that it was of a tree and someone standing in front of it, I think hugging it. idk. **

"Uprooted"

There comes a time when one must let go
Moving one step forward
Going out on my own
The time is getting closer
I knew this day would come
But I still don't want to let go
Of this safe place I call home
It's all I know
It's my tree
The trunk, my house
The branches, my family
I hold on for dear life
To protect what's left of me
It's my tree
A stationary object
In a place that is suppose to be safe
But it's breaking apart
Uprooting its self
Leaving, going away
But I wish to stay here
Holding onto a life that's out growing me
In a place that's changing without me....

0 People Listening:

Related Posts with Thumbnails