Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sometimes . . . I Wish I Were A Kid Again

As I said in previous posts regarding cartoons, I miss the 90s with a strong passion. TV now, well today's cartoons, is garbage. Maybe they lost that spark now that I'm older -cough- 21 -cough-. And I'm left to reminisce about what I use to enjoy as a child. Early this morning @ 5 maybe 5:30 I was up watching old Disney cartoons on Youtube. A conversation, starting on twitter between Joniesha (@joniesha22) and Tiffany (@beyond_beauty25) about old GOOD Disney movies, drove me to Youtube in search of video clips. ANYTHING. I needed something to remind me of what I use to watch on TV. And I sat there listening to Aaliyah's version of "Journey To The Past" which is in the Disney movie Anastasia, nearly 2 seconds away from being in tears. You know ... memories get to me. Old times. Reaching back for something I'll never have again. But to be able to still get a glimsp back in time is good enuff for me.

And I will share them with you. Thats what I do, I share. Come on this journey with me.

Dumbo - Pink Elephants


The Jungle Book - Bare Necessities


Hercules - I Won't Say I'm In Love


Aristocats - Everyone Wants To Be A Cat


Pocahontas - Colors Of The Wind


Man Disney had some great songs in their movies. I miss that.

I'll save the rest for next week, make sure yall remind me.

2 People Listening:

Brooklyn's Darling said...

I remeber growing up watching Gumby, Fragle Rock, Duck Tales, Police Academy (Catoon). Cartoons today are fuckin garbage.. Kids don't learn anything but how to fight and talk slick to people... Whatever happen to School House Rock?????

SMH @ todays generation....

The funny thing about this topic.. I did a term paper on a topic like this.. I'll post in my upcoming blog..

NaNew21 said...

OOOOOOOO!!!! I WON'T SAY I'M IN LOVE IS MY ISH BRINA!!!! ME & MY SISTA USE 2 WATCH THE MOVIE JUST 2 SING THE SONG.

Related Posts with Thumbnails