Tuesday, September 1, 2009

REVIEW | My Thoughts On Ready



It's been a long time coming, but its finally here, the release of Ready. As a long time fan, I've watched Trey grow into the artist that he is today. Sure he has a ways to go, which he admitted himself, but either way I am very proud of him. I never been so supportive of a artist until Trey was introduced to my musical life. He's probably the only artist I know who is 100% committed to his fans. He shows us so much love, which is why we are the real supporters that we are. He really deserves the great remarks he has been getting about his latest effort Ready.

I love this album, there is not one song I want to skip, not even LOL :). It's a great marketing ploy I must admit. This album has every element to make it a completed album. Everyone can find a favorite song off of this album. Mine at the moment is "Does He Do It." Why? It's the feel of it, not what he says. I LOOOOOVE the beginning of it, btw. I don't know what he says, but I love the way he says it. That's what hooked me. Eventually I'll find a new song, but right now I'm 100% committed to that song. You gotta understand my process of loving songs. It's immediate. And it usually is based on how I feel at the moment. And not to mention the beat. It has to be striking the minute I press play. "Does He Do It" had that, also "Lost Love," which might become my second absolute favorite. Both of those songs almost had me about to burst into song on the bus today. LOL.

Moving on . . .

Its interesting to hear indifferent thoughts about Ready. The objection. The picky-ness. The disinterest in Trey's personality letting that be the judge of his music. I done seen it all. And I often feel offended to an extent because of my dedication to Trey. Being the fans we are, we've been waiting for this album to put Trey on the map, but now more than ever we are faced with more and more nay sayers. I guess that comes with the territory. Oh well. At least we know he's doing something if there is a lot of people talking about him. Good or bad.

Overall I am proud of Trey and everyone involved in the project: Troy Taylor, John "SK" McGee, Redd Stylez, Young Yonny, E. Miles, and Iron Chef Tone to name a few. (Only because I know them the most and talked to each with the exception of Chef.) This album is something no one should sleep on. It's Trey's time now. As he said this is the beginning of his journey.


Had to show my support. YUUUP! Finally got my ish! Yall know I was tripping. Stalking my door. Being punked by both the UPS and FedEx guys on a daily basis. Feeling slightly jealous because my fellow Treymates already had the album way before I did. Mad at the fact that I had to listen to it on myspace, which meant logging in and putting up with the foolishness. All for Trey and no one else.

You want an example of how I was acting . . .

YUHSSS! I went crazy LOL. But I'm now happy that I have Ready. No more mental threats being sent to my mail carrier. I LOVES U MAIL CARRIER! MUAH! LOL

1 People Listening:

EvoL_1 said...

I have resisted listening to ANYTHING including MySpace until I get my copy sumtime this week!!I kinda feel like u did except the mail man is my mom!!lol.But I cant wait 2 hear it and b able 2 chat it up with yall about it!!The Anticipation of driving 2 Target is killin me!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails