Monday, September 14, 2009

Poem | By Me

I wanted to be different and write about something I know nothing about. The contents of this poem is purely fictional, I repeat, fictional. Enjoy

“A Vein Decision”

I wish I could have listened to my conscience
But my mind, manipulated, has been thrown off balance
This relationship we have doesn’t exist
But the thoughts seem to persist
At times the positive outweighs the negative, but it’s still negative
Again I am caught, kept away as your helpless captive
The deceptiveness
The thought that you’re all that I need, this blindness
maybe I'm just clumsy
I fall in headfirst, can't escape the disappointment so it seems
It stalks me, even follows me into my dreams
So I ask what good is a promise
When you know you can't keep a promise
You’re suppose to make me forget
But I wake up feeling waves of regret
This sickness I have for you is illicit
Lost in your addictive orbit
Our love has been revealed
My heart left open unable to heal
My family removed me from this toxic connection
It did nothing to resolve the tension
Broke and alone nowhere to go
and loneliness is killing me slow
My quiet nights are longer
But this suffering, they say, is what it takes to get better, stronger
And just when I thought I couldn’t wait another minute
There you sit, asking for another visit.

*for class*

1 People Listening:

manie01 said...

OH MY LAWD GEEZUS......that poem was awesome girl you are going to go far!!!! belee dat (trey voice)

Related Posts with Thumbnails