Wednesday, September 23, 2009

In Other News | Not That Yall Care . . .

When the hell did Chester, lead singer from Linkin Park, part ways from his group to create what you see below. RIDDLE ME THAT! -folds arms and taps foot- I am a huge, HUGE, fan of Linkin Park (never been to a concert but I'm still a fan.) So I need to figure this out.



Not a bad song. Actually I love this song, but I'm a bit confused. Thanks to MTV's website, I figured it all out. Take a look.

"We've got this song for 'Transformers,' and then sometime soon after this, Chester's going to be releasing a solo record called Dead by Sunrise, and that will be out towards the end of this year," Linkin Park MC Mike Shinoda said. "And then early next year there's going to be another Linkin Park record too. We've been writing a lot and all the stuff we've been experiencing and stuff we've seen — that stuff is all going into the songs. Over the next year or so, you're going to get a lot of different LP music, and I think you're going to get a lot of takes on everything that's been going on."

And that "different" music starts with Bennington's Sunrise, a long-in-the-works project that the singer says will finally see the light of day in September. And in keeping with what Shinoda was saying, Bennington is warning Linkin Park fans to prepare to be shocked by what they'll hear. Oh, and to fire up their black lights too.

"There's a stylistic thing that's different. With Linkin Park, we have a signature sound — you know it when you hear us. [Dead by Sunrise] does not have that feel. It has a completely different feel. Trying to describe that difference is like trying to describe the difference between Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin, you know?" he said. "They're both rock, but they're different styles. I'm confident in saying this next record is going to be the most challenging ... and complex and intriguing music that has come out of the Linkin Park camp. It's really dark. It's like post-apocalyptic 'Blade Runner' meets LSD."

Hmm I'm interested. Like I said I already like this song, and I love me some Chester, so I already know that I'll support it. I was just wondering, why the sudden change? Yall know I like my memos to be aware of things, I just came across this song by accident. I don't like surprises, but I'll adjust. LOL.

1 People Listening:

EvoL_1 said...

First off I care!!I freakin LOVE Linkin Park!!I like that Chester went out n did his own thing with out the band disbanding!!Plus the song iz totally awesome n the video is just as good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails