Monday, September 7, 2009

A Poem | By Me...

I'm gonna need you guys to do two things for me. Read carefully, and tell me what emotion you get out of this. I'm turning this poem in for a class tomorrow and I need some feedback. Thanks a bunch.

In the eyes of a piece of paper . . .

“Paper Weight”

Wrinkled, folded

Pens run along my colorless surface
The words, mirrored, confuse me
Little scribbles added to the story that is my life
Always come across iffy

Wrinkled, folded

Incomplete thoughts
Erased doodles and art
Darkened scratch outs
And unfinished lop sided hearts

Wrinkled, folded

Unused, discarded
Quiet,
Listen to me ripping, tearing
And you pass right by it.

Torn, deformed

Piecing me together
Glue, tape, band-aids
Forgetting some pieces
But I need to be remade

Torn, deformed

Dipped in black ink
Reaching the end
Thinking that it’s over
Into the cement I blend.

Torn, deformed

Walked over, stepped on
Cast away
Back to the earth I go
Slowly fading as I’m waiting for the end of this day

6 People Listening:

Kryswithak said...

AWWWW.....poor paper. :/ I feel like by me writing I'm effecting more than just those that read, like the act of writing has an effect of its own. Be it good, bad, frustration, agony, the act of writing has an effect of its own. But poor paper lol This makes me want to recycle and type. lol

Anonymous said...

really nice brina..you should be okay in class 2morrow!!!!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! omg... ok this is gon sound lame...but when i was younger i used to feel bad for tha plastic bags in the street cuz they got ran over by cars n trucks or stuck in trees.... u made me feel like a lil gurl again <3 this poem had subtle innocence to it.. so simple yet complex in its most quaint form.. =) thankz for sharing BRINI!

~STLZFYNEST
(i dont have any of tha login options lol)

MoSo said...

oMg Brina clap, clap bravo! i feel for that paper! you deserve an A++ on this its something im sure ppl can relate to with the personification effects you place onto the paper in this poem...absolutely LOVE IT!

PrettieBirdie said...

As I was saying...I do love the personification of the paper. It's kinda dope to give the paper emotions. I completely get the feeling of being used and disregarded. Whatever we use the paper for it in turns carries the weight. It's like we scribble important and unimportant things on it only to eventually ball it up. Later we might realize that we did in fact use need it only to try to put it back together, but it never really is quite the same. Only for the paper to go back to the earth to be recycled and come back again. It's a crazy dysfunctional type of relationship.

Itselii said...

That was beautiful Brina! I also love the personification of the paper..if there was anything higher than an A+, then that's exactly what you deserve...loved it :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails