Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Poem | by Me

Me

I’ve come to the simple conclusion.
The mirror is my worst enemy.
My so called image,
the image I see isn’t me.

The person everyone claims is me,
I cannot react nor can I relate.
Who am I? I’m tired of questioning
my identity, I will not debate.

I would rather swim in my
detached, abstract world of illusion,
than partake in reality,
an active environment, in confusion.

The images of me from cameras,
stills of my identity,
are just pictures, to me they mean nothing.
They do not identify me.

*this is inspired by my character Sidney, read her first story here*

2 People Listening:

Franee said...

Great poem Brina!...i really liked it, its almost like how i am feeling

MusikHunnyDC said...

Story of my life!! Bravo Brina!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails