Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Poems | By Me

Pulse

She thinks on her own
expanding constricting
dull in sound
skips a beat
then she doubles
Follows no rhythm
Or maybe it's a bit off
She turns violent
Strangles the flow
Disrupts the song
Shh. . .
Listen to her speak
The story maker
Story keeper
She yells
In a silent panic
Then she calms
Vibrates within
Pulsing slowly
Now
She's hard to find

Knot Untied

When you closed your eyes, did you see the knot as it untied?
I stared at closed doors with restraint,
while listening to the ticking of faceless watches telling the time.

When I heard your voice, a small part of me died.
I don't know if it was my place to explain,
but close your eyes, did you notice the knot as it untied?

The knot was our love, its demise, we're dying
Forgotten was the strength, the partnership we tried to gain.
In a daze, I listened to the ticking of faceless watches telling me the time.

Failure after failure and all you did was stand by,
watching, waiting yet again.
I close my eyes; the knot is close to being untied.

Lies, misery, and deceit lived in your eyes.
I got rid of you, the frustration and unnecessary pain.
When I closed my eyes, the knot was fully untied.
Listening to the ticking comfort of faceless watches telling me the time.

*these are 2 of the 3 poems I read in class today. Everyone had their own interpretations of them, which were cool and all but no where near what I had in mind when I wrote them. It's all goodie tho.

1 People Listening:

Dawn said...

BRINA YOU'RE SOOOO TALENTED! KEEP UP TEH GOOD WORK GIRL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails