Thursday, October 22, 2009

Permission to speak freely . . .

*disclaimer* The views seen below is not directed at anyone ... it is just a thought out loud (i.e. on my blog).

I just wanted to state that before I go on this little tirade I'm about to embark on. I would first like to say that I am 21 years old, and I can listen to any damn thing that I want to. No one can tell me different.

So people are talking a big sh*t about this new Rihanna song "Russian Roulette." For the record, I am not a fan of hers. So I am in no way, shape, or form defending her.











Dare I say it, I actually like the song. I'm drawn to anything dark. It is not a personal reflection. I do not walk around Emo'd out, cutting myself with razor blades, talking about killing myself, and wearing dark makeup. That is NOT me. So just because I like this song, would you say that maybe it has a direct connection to me? Oh Sabrina must be suicidal if she's listening to that.
YOU FAIL!
That is not the case. Can I just appreciate music, artistic music at that. So why do I say this, you wonder. Well, there has been an uproar about her lyrics, the song itself. I agree, the gun shot at the end is morbid. I can do without it. It would make the song way better for me. But it is what it is. So I go on Necole Bitchie's blog and saw a post about Tiffany Evans and whatever she said. Let the bandwagon effect begin. She says this:

Russian Roulette= Suicidal Rate gon sky rocket!

You gotta watch what u say. Because there are a lot of weak people in the world. They are susceptible to anything so anything you say or do some people actually do listen. So make sure its nothing bad. Its okay to be deep,but not murder deep.

Man! I really wish I could tell you guys what the industry really is and what stars are apart of destroying this world. The stars who worship satan,and those who have killed to get the respect they have now. You’d be verrrry surprise. Some of your favorite people pretend to worship God but they only do that to save face. Or seem innocent.

Satan was head of music in heaven. He uses influential people…to help influence the world. Think about that. Once u make a certain amount of money. Just know that that’s when they ask u to join. To get in you have accept the beast, worship. Once you join they assist u with ur career.make u huge.only if u agree and obey to destroy Gods word.and his children.

Ppl listen and pay attention. Its a war going on right now between Good and Evil. Evil will rule this world for a min. The people that have this power are the people that RULE the whole world. I’m done I won’t say anymore before I get in trouble.

I am not the biggest religion buff. I believe in what I believe. And that will remain between me and what I believe in. Thank you.

Anyone influenced by anything in the media needs to reevaluate their lives. If someone feels the need to kill themselves because of a Rihanna song, then there is something wrong with you. A Rihanna song son?! Get the f*ck outta here. Seems like someone is putting too much emphasis on nothing. SOMEONE must have a little too much time on their hands.

I agree to some extent with Tiffany that you should watch what you say, but it is a free country. There is sucha thing called freedom of speech. Who are you to tell someone not to say something? I believe that's called CENSORING, and it doesn't matter if you don't agree with the words or not.

People are putting to much thought into simple sh*t. I'm listening to the song. Do I want to kill myself? No. Do I want to jump on someone's bandwagon, and say the song is totally awesome? No. Am I a Rihanna stan? Hell to the f*cking no.

What are you going to do? Make someone not make this type of music. She didn't even write it. Or maybe she co-wrote it, but its a reflection of what she's going through in her life. It's one big ass metaphor about her volatile relationship. You should define that if you don't know what it means. Apparently a lot of people don't. Has she no right to express her thoughts through song? I write poetry. It's an outlet to which I feel the need to express myself. Whatever the subject matter is, its whatever. You take it the way you take it. It's just a poem. It's just words with no power. There's no power until you give it power and draw attention to it. The song or poem has reason when you give it reason. Everyone has their right to interpret things the way they want to. I feel that its not in my place to interpret work that is not my own, because you know what ITS NOT MINE. Nine times out of ten my interpretation will be wrong just like everyone else's.

Actually, yall are giving these celebrities too much power. And its truly a shame. The lines have been blurred. But who's gonna correct them. Celebs are human. We just put them on a pedestal they may or may not deserve.

Time wasted on trying to figure out the meaning behind a song should be put into doing something constructive. Basically just get a life. I don't even have a life and you don't see me worried about the meaning of a song.

What also tripped me out about this post was the second part of it after Tiffany hops off her soap box.

According to The Prophet Blog (who was the first to post the vent), Tiffany’s controversial tweets are centered around the “rumored corruption and brainwashing that goes on behind the scenes of the entertainment industry, often referred to as a group called the Illuminati“.

"If you’ve never heard of the Illuminati before, it’s basically a group or organization of powerful people in the industry that brainwash audiences with hidden messages in songs, music video’s, political campaigns etc. Stars such as Kanye West, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Rihanna, and Matthew Knowles have all been accused of being involved, as have various politicians and actors."

Paranoid much? And I thought I was a A-class conspiracy theorist. I QUIT!

There will always be a hidden agenda/agenda-setting. For as long as there is air left to breathe and a heart still beating, an agenda will be set in motion. Stop acting brand new. I was NOT born this morning.

Fear based brainwashing is how I see it. Propaganda. WHO'S THE PUPPET NOW. Type sh*t. Smoke and mirrors. Who knows if its true? It's all, "I heard" this, and "I heard" that, "I read this somewhere," but what do you KNOW. Can I have some proof? I like facts not rumors.

I'm not gonna jump on something without knowing context, facts. Proof in my hands. People can say anything, and people will believe anything. I am a gullible person, but I refuse to be used.

Think for yourself, don't let anyone think for you.


2 People Listening:

Treyz_CaliGurl said...

OMG!! One of my friends was just talkin about this to me!! she said that Beyonce..will and jada are all part of a cult too..sellin their souls to the devil and shyt! wtf!!! i mean really? u gotta do that to be successful..smh!

manie01 said...

Wow girl you get a "clap clap bravo" for tackling this subject. I seen the video of what Tiffany was referring to about JayZ Kanye and Rhi I will admit it disturbed me but I say this if someone doesn't like what they hear just turn it off, simple as that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails