Thursday, October 15, 2009

Captains Log Star Date 10152009 | My Trey Day

Well I should start of by saying, this particular day was the worst day EVA. It had nothing to do with the performances and had everything to do with the people in attendance.
Shall I begin? Yes.

My day started after finding out that I'm failing a simple ass class. Mass Communication 358 | News Editing. I just brushed it off because I told myself that nothing will ruin this day. I'm going to see Trey live. That's all I could think about. I got home about 1:40 giving myself enough time to get ready for the night. I talked to Chelle (@chellelilbmore) who was already at Sonar (the venue). She was first in line. I kept checking to see if she was there alone. So I decided to eat something and put on that Trey inspired shirt (check my twitter default pic) and then by 3 o'clock I was on my way. Mind you the show didn't start until 8, well the doors didn't open until 8. The bus ride was basically hell because the dumb bus driver wanted to stop at every stop smh. So I technically got there about 3:40 or something like that. Tour buses were lined up on the side of Sonar. Trey's bus was right by the entrance to Sonar. I saw Day26 walk into the building but nobody was hype about that. LOL. In line was Chelle and this other girl, whos name escapes me at the moment but it begins with a J. She was from New Jersey and traveled down to Baltimore with her two sisters just to see Trey. I call that dedication.

Anyway.

It started raining. There wasn't much coverage from the rain. And I didn't have a umbrella because I did NOT know it was going to rain. By the time 4 maybe 5 o'clock came I was joined by Sheena (@bmoremisses) and a group of randoms. The line was growing and I was taking notice of how many of them girls were gathering around the front door and Chelle. I just saw it as a tactic to get upfront close to the stage. So with that noted in my mind I just let my cousin, Chantel (@juslikecandyLTL), who showed up after 5 just hop up in the line by me, all the while I was thinking (WHO GON CHECK ME BOO?)cuz I let her get up there LOL. By 6, the line was down the street. And by 7, everyone was bunched up in line. I don't know what the f*ck type of retarded ass line that was. Three ppl standing next to each other in a row all the way down the street. Dummies. The hoochies came out in droves. All of them were wearing, get this, short dresses, holey leggins, heels and open toe heels. I'm like wtf. It's 50 degrees or less out there. And there I was over dressed in a big ass hoodie, jeans and my faithful Chucks. Compared to them, I was a boy. SMH. But I had no money to go out and shop with. So I was sh*t out of luck.

I did get the opportunity to meet two of Trey's people. I forgot their names, but I was introduced to them by Chelle. I also got the chance to meet some of my twitter peeps ... Krys and Gloria (@kryswithak and @musikhunny). They got there a little late tho so they couldn't stand up there where I was. I really wish they could've. I knew I would have fun with them. Being that I lost touch of everyone the minute we walked into the venue. 

Suddenly I caught a glimse of Samiyyah (Trey's background singer for those who don't know) walk onto Trey's tour bus, so I shouted to Chelle that she just got up on the bus. Chelle called out and Samiyyah got off the bus. She's really cool and pretty damn funny. LOL. She tried to jump the gate to stand with us but it wasn't working. LOL. We took pictures with her and everything. People were out there looking at us like who is that. I didn't care. Samiyyah then brought out Najja (Trey's other background singer) and we talked to him for a little bit before they had to run in for the sound check. He's pretty cool too. So we jump back in line. Sheena was making sure that I was as close to the front as I could be because I was out there before all of them heffas that just popped outta nowhere to get up front.

So there's this thing called will-call, which happens to be the stupidest sh*t ever. People walking in and out of the building to get their tickets. So how bout this group of girls go up in there get they sh*t and walk back out to stand next to us in front of the line like they been there all f*cking day. Lawd a fight could've broke out at that moment cuz the group of us were angry. But them dummies didn't get their hands stamped so they didn't get to run immediately in like we did. The doors opened at 8 something and it was a full sprint to get to a good spot in front of the stage. HOW bout my clumsy ass tripped over the gate thing and almost fell into the gate. I knew from then that it wasn't going to be a good time for me cuz I nearly hurt myself. I lost sight of Chelle and Sheena and Chantel had to stand behind me instead of beside me cuz bishes were pushing.

The venue itself was horrible. The stage was little as sh*t so there wasn't much space to stand by the stage. It looked dirty in there. And I never want to go there again *cough* Sonar *cough* And the ticketing process should've been done better. And they should've had the line set up from the jump instead of waiting until 7 oclock to bring some order to everyone in the line which is why everyone was standing in groups by the door. And they should've regulated on the people who tried to jump in front of the line and act like they belong there.

And then the trouble began. The so-called security guards, who weren't securing shit, decided that they wanna move the gate closer to the stage so we can be closer to the artist. Mind you the place is packed now. So I had to bend down get my sh*t and push back to stand back cuz I really couldn't. The guards were pushing us back too. So I'm like WTF. Once the gate was moved, everyone started pushing forward and I almost fell. I also almost lost my spot cuz we were so bunched together, but my ass made room. But all the girls were still pushing forward and the f*cking show didn't even start yet. And I turned around to find out that some thirsty b*tch pushed my cousin aside to stand behind me. So I'm angry. I pulled my cousin's hand forward so she could hold on to the gate cuz she felt like she was going to fall. And I could see the look on her face, she was NOT feeling it already. I just told her to hold on to me if she could or push off me if she feel like she's bout to fall. That was the concerned non-parent in me. LOL.

So 92Q's DJ or whatever he is, came out on stage and started talking. First of all he talk too damn much. Then the opening acts came out. And for them to be nobodies, they did great. The first opening acts that I liked. It was a group of girls called Karma I think (I love their outfits) and this rap duo Icebloc (who were cute as hell.) I had a poster and cd from Icebloc but I lost both. Then Sean Garrett came out. Now I am not a fan of his, I'm a fan of the songs he wrote. So I wasn't all that excited when he came out. His bald headed ass was sweating bullets. So how bout he jumped out onto this standing thing right infront of me with his shirt off and he's all sweating so I'm moving back so I wouldn't get hit by the sweat. It was nasty. LOL. Maybe it was just him cuz his shirt was off but there were no abs to show. And btw, I loved his dancers. They were getting it.Oh and he gave away two Louie bags.

Moving on. Day26 was up next. DJ Jus was their DJ which was quite a surprise. I wasn't expecting him to be there. So this is my second time seeing him ever. Last time I seen him was at the last Scream tour B2K was in without BowWow. But anyway, Day26 comes out in masks and sh*t. And then the beat dropped and it was my song "BiPoloar" good sh*t. I got some of it on video. I may have a few pictures but I didn't take too many. So Willie ... geezus. That's all I'm gonna say. Cause he was mainly on my side of the stage half nekkid. Got some video of that. And Robert ... geesh, he is nasty. I guess thats what he has to do to top Willie. Que spent alot of time on our side too. I done forgot every other song they sung but I was singing along. Then Willie, lawd, he stood on the step outside of the barrier so that was the Show and Feel part of the show. All I know is that someone's hand tried to go into his underwear. LMFAO. I'm a good girl so I only went for the hand, arms and stomach. That's bout it. He used my hand as support to get back up on stage. LOL. No video of that cuz I was too busy coppin' a feel.

Then they left the stage and DJ Jus started mixing music up and whatnot. Then there was an announcement. MARIO IS SICK, UNFORTUNATELY HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PERFORM. So I'm like boooooooooooo. He lost his voice or some sh*t at his album release party the day before. But I'm like this is hometown. Why couldn't you come out on stage to say hi. We'll sing the songs for you. We didn't wanna see Sean Garrett and the High guy's asses back out on stage again. We wasn't feeling it. Then they got off stage. I mean we sang the songs. We tried our best to stay hype but no thank you. It's not the same if he's not on stage. It would've been great promotion for his album cuz I don't even have it yet. But whatevs (not a typo).

So it's after 11 and we waiting. My body is hurting. My back, my feet, everything. It was extremely hot in there. No one was passing around water bottles. People were pushing. I was pinned between the gate and everyone else. I couldn't move to bend my legs. I basically had to use the gate as support because I couldn't stand on my own. It only got worse from there. The 92Q guy kept saying yall ready for Trey Songz and I'm like yeah. Everyone was. But he repeated that shit like 15 times. And still no Trey. So I'm getting angry. Not at Trey, but at the f*cking 92Q guy for talking too damn much. I yelled out to tell him to shut the hell up. 15 minutes and a lifetime later Trey's band, DJ Foot, Samiyyah and Najja took the stage. So I'm excited. Then Trey said "Yuuup" and bishes went off. I nearly went deaf. My cousin all in my ear. This heffaskank behind me screaming and I'm like GET THE F*CK OUT MY EAR! And the pushing began again. AT that point I just said f*ck it and started pushing back. Nobody had a problem wit that but I mean it aint stop nobody either. All I knew was that I WAS NOT gonna lose my stop and I wasn't gonna let another bish squeeze her skank ass up next to me. The only skank who can do that is my cousin. LOL. I LOVE YOU CHANTEL. Anyway ...

The heffaskank behind me pointed out Samiyyah and was like Trey is f*cking her. And I turned around and said "No boo, she is his background singer. I know her. It aint like that." I was tired of bishes getting their facts wrong. SMH. So after my correction she was like oh. So I shut her up. It didn't stop her from saying "TREY, I LOVE YOU, I WANNA F*CK YOU!" hoe sh*t. smh. She screamed it several times. Thirsty bish. Go lie in a ditch. Moving on ...

Trey stormed the stage. Now he was great. I loved everything about his whole set. The songs he sung. His simple dance moves. LOL. I have video of him too. He didn't even take off his shirt. Or at least I didn't see it because by then I had my head down on the barrier trying to pray for some strength because I had none. Midway through "Yo Side of the Bed" I was ready to just pass the f*ck out. He didn't do as many songs as I thought he would but midway thru I was ready to go home. It wasn't about him. I repeat it was NOT bout him. It was the conditions of the room and my existing pains. The further into his performance he went, the weaker I felt. Long story short I nearly hit the ground unconscious. I wish I was able to pay more attention to him, but I just couldn't at the end. I needed water, SOMETHING, but that wasn't happening. Thank god for Sheena looking for me when it was all over because I don't know how I would get home in the state.

I didn't order the connected package so it wasn't like I was missing anything. I couldn't personally meet Trey, take pictures and whatnot. My cousin was the one with the ticket. I was suppose to wait for her afterwards. But I just couldn't. I could barely stand so I had to go straight home. I couldn't bend my legs much so I was basically blind limping with the support of Sheena to her car. And tried my best to direct her to my house. Once I got home I'm shaking like there's something wrong with me, which there was. Shortly after, the vomit came outta nowhere and attacked me. So I'm still trying to figure wtf happened to me. Was it dehydration cuz i didn't drink anywater for a number of hours. Maybe I was fatigued and suffering from starvation that day because I didn't eat much. Maybe it was the fact that I was pushed against the gate. I have like this hernia thing in my stomach. I had it since I was born. It sits right above my navel, so there's like a lil hump on my stomach. And that hump was pushed up against the gate and maybe that was the cause of my problems.

This has never happened to me before. I been to a Trey concert prior to this one and I was fine besides the leg and foot pains. I just wanted to state that. I learned a few things from this experience:

  • Never get to any concert way before time without an umbrella, food, and water. 
  • Dress like a girl and not some washed up bum trying to stay warm ( I mean I just had a big ass hoodie on but compared to the other girls, I should've dressed better.)
  • Get an attitude with ppl who jump in front of me in line. (Yeah you may know Chelle but I damn sure don't know you and I was here before you.)
  • Take up kickboxing or regular boxing. (So I can whoop these bishes asses because I am not a fighter, but last night I was about to pretend that I was.)
  • Smile right (I got braces on now, but I still have this weird ass habit of smiling without showing my teeth and I'm really beginning to hate it.)
  • DON'T BRING SHIT! (I am so tired of bringing my purse just so I can stick it between my legs and not being able to reach it when I really need it.)
  • Wear better shoes (or get them jell shoe pads to makes my feet feel like they are floating on air.)
  • TAKE MORE F*CKING PICTURES (I lost my ability to flash some pictures. That is my own fault, but my ass forgets.)
  • When it comes to meeting Trey make sure you got yo sh*t straight before so you can have the ability to get to meet him.
  • Learn to flirt so I can get backstage. SH*T! Or atleast get someone to get me a bottle of water. 
  • Make sure I meet everyone that I know at the concert at once. So we can all be in the same area. I was standing by some bishes I didn't know and it was NOT fun. 
  • Stand in a good spot in front of the stage (don't stand in front of them lil small stage speakers because its hard for the artist to reach out to you cuz they don't see you. Them negros had tunnel vision and saw right pass me. They have a habit of reaching to the right or their left of everything. It's just an observation.) 
  • I'm going to second think going to another general admission concert for Trey that has underaged girls there cuz some of them don't know how to act. 
  • Stand by people as hype as me and not acting dead because that is a buzz kill. They just standing there doing nothing. And I'm like WTF.
  • Exercize my legs before walking up in there before I get injured.
Despite the fact that I got sick, I had fun ... kinda. Well I thought the performances were great. F*ck everyone who was pushing for no f*cking reason. I'm glad I was able to meet Samiyyah, Najja, Chelle, Sheena, Krys and Gloria there. Its different when you go from talking to someone on twitter to actually seeing them. It was great.

Video coming as soon as I get my camera back.

6 People Listening:

Treyz_CaliGurl said...

Aww brina! my brina!! I will reconsider goin to a damn general admission my GOT DAMN self..thirsty heffa's are dangerous..if i do go..i'm bringin my taser..fuck what security say..i'm glad u got to meet so many TTU peeps even tho u didn't get a chance to BE with them during the concert..Next time i got u as head of security..ppl gonna be wonderin who u are..cuz imma have u surrounded..lol..love u brina!! Can't wait to meet ur azz in June.

PrettieBirdie said...

Awww Brina!!! I'm sooo sorry you got sick and really couldn't pay attention to the whole reason you even went to the concert. Also I'm glad that you got to meet our peeps!It's is dope cause now you REALLY know them, cause it's not just on the computer anymore. I totally feel you on gen admission shows though. They are a mess, and yo do have to have a certain mindset before going. Those chicks will say and do anything to get close to him and not care who they hit or push. See I usually need someone tougher than me with me so they can have an attitude and give dirty looks right from the jump. I try to be nice until someone really pushes my buttons then that's all out the window, lol. I'm glad you are better though, I was so worried about you last night. I so can't wait to be all in the same space with my sisters! Imagine how hyped we would all be if we got to go to a Trey show together...YUUUUUUHSSS!! Love you Brina!

MusikHunnyDC said...

Brinaaaaaaaa!!! Im so mad we didnt get to be together!! We tried texting u, but we figured u wouldnt be able to feel the vibration. Those girls were doing too much!! They were tryna move closer after every song! Im like, u aint goin no where!!! The worst part was when Trey threw the towel out in the crowd!!! But, it was nice seeing everyone!! Hopefully we will get to see each other again before June!! Luv ya girlie!!

Anonymous said...

Aww Brina =( Despite your ailments, I'm glad you enjoyed the show for the most part. Thirsty hussies are everywhere and Lord knows they need a Bible and some guidance to cure their messiness. Those IceBloc dudes were cute as hell though, I got their CD too but I haven't listened to it yet lol I'm mad that Mario didn't perform for yall cause he has a good set and that made me buy his album. Hopefully you'll have a better experience next tour

iRockitBabez said...

Awwww sounds like some ishh that'll happen to me.. Cant stand thirsty tricks!! Attention whores who lack the attention part. I wanted to go to his show that's here tomarrow but the venue is horrific <---(simon voice) an its general admission too -smh- ima see him one day tho!! Glad u enjoyed the show and the semi strip show featuring 'Big D**k Willayyy' ahahahaaa!

EvoL_1 said...

Aww Brina!!It sux that u got sick!!I kno how u feel there were extra thirsty heffas at my show 2!!Anyway Im glad u got 2 see him n b up front!!There's the upside!!=)

Related Posts with Thumbnails