Friday, October 9, 2009

A Kanye Moment


Recently, Jay-z sent a tiny acceptance speech to MTV following the vote on "The Hottest MC in the Game." Apparently Eminem wasn't included in that list and it looked like someone had a problem with that.

“MTV, Thanx for this nod of appreciation,” Jay wrote. “Although I don’t strive to be ‘hot’ for any particular year, I thank you for the acknowledgment. My whole goal is to be recognized as the best ever. I created the term ‘best rapper alive’ as a sign of respect to my fallen comrades (Biggie and Tupac). I believe I’ve allowed a significant grace period, and I believe I would not be respecting myself if being the absolute best was not my goal, and that’s why I continue to push myself until exhaustion … salute.

“Sidebar: Kanye moment if I may … Eminem?!?! I think you do the credibility of this list a disservice if you don’t thoroughly explain his omission,” Jay continued. “As of this second he has the highest selling rap album of the year and a scene stealing verse on the best ‘posse’ cut of the year. (*Hands mic back to Taylor Swift … and nobody was harmed, I apologize in advance.)”


LMAO! Hilarious.

4 People Listening:

EvoL_1 said...

LMAO!I love how he said "Sidebar:Kanye moment"lmao Jay is a wreck but he is right!If we're going on numbers and popularity Em should have been on that list!N i love how u added the infamous Kanye shrug!!DEAD

PrettieBirdie said...

This is why I love Jay...his swag is crazy. It's so funny how he said Kanye moment, lol. I'm not even getting into the whole best rapper thing or we will be here all not, lol.

NaNew21 said...

I SOOO LOVE JAY 4 THIS & HE IS RIGHT!! HOW THEY NOT GON PUT EM ON THERE??? SMH HE STR8 MURDERED THEM NIGGAS ON THAT "FOREVER" TRACK,HIM & KANYE WAS THE BEST & I LIKE THE CHORUS 2.

Treyz_CaliGurl said...

LMAO!!! I love the Kanye shrug!!! this ish is so hilarious..Jay-z a mess for that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails