Monday, October 12, 2009

A Poem | by Me

okay this poetry class is kicking my ass. I don't like forcing poems, but my teacher forced my hand and this is what I came up with. I'm NOT satisfied with it, but what am I gonna do. It's due tomorrow. SMH. FML.

Knot Untied
When you close your eyes, did you see the knot as it untied?
I stared at closed doors with restraint,
while listening to the ticking of faceless watches telling the time.

When I heard your voice, a small part of me died.
I don’t know if it was my place to explain,
but close your eyes, did you notice the knot as it untied?

The knot of our love, headed towards its demise.
Forgotten was the strength, the partnership we tried to obtain.
In a daze, I listened to the ticking of faceless watches telling the time.

Failure after failure and all you did was standby.
Watching, waiting for more failure again.
I closed my eyes; the knot is close to being untied.

Lies, misery, and deceit lived in your eyes
I got rid of you and the frustration and unnecessary pain.
When I closed my eyes, the knot was fully untied.
Left to listen to the ticking comfort of faceless watches telling the time.

:(

0 People Listening:

Related Posts with Thumbnails