Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Poem | By Me

Superman

You have every girl’s heart with as little as a wink of the eye.
They’ll gladly admit they’re crazy about you, but not I.

I hear you whisper, “I’m here to save you,” as if you’re superman,
from heartbreak and desperation, and I sternly reply, “Not I.”

I don’t need your rescuing. I can take my bumps and bruises
Still you try to lure me, sway me to your side, but not I.

You fly in and out of my life, but you have no stake here.
Women are quick to throw themselves at you, but not I.

But I must admit the way your red cape flaps
in the wind captivates me, but I am not attracted, not I.

I tell myself, “And yet you continue to admire, Sabrina, helplessly.
You’re heart wants it, but your mind still says, ‘Not I.’”

1 People Listening:

acquainted soul said...

Very nice poem Sis. Mario hates you now... hehe j/k ^_^.

Related Posts with Thumbnails