Saturday, January 16, 2010

ListenUP | The Script



So ... I am a Last.fm user. And I listen to my recommendations to discover music I haven't yet, and one day I came across this little gem here. The Script, a group from Dublin, Ireland. Yes I know, what the hell am I doing listening to them. I don't know. Like I said I listened to my recommended songs on Last.fm and based off of what I listened to. Because of that, I was introduced to The Script. And I ask ... WHERE HAVE THEY BEEN ALL OF MY LIFE?!

Listen to "Fall For Anything" (first absolute favorite song)

It took THAT one song to make me want to search them up on iTunes and purchase, purchase, PURCHASE. Their album is self-titled and it is AMAZING. I don't say that about too many albums. There was just this effortless blend of good music. I love the lead singer's voice. It's just so . . . authentic and unexpected. It's something about an unexpected voice that throws you off in a good way. It caught me hook line and sinker. It's the type of voice that makes you listen.

Then a few night following my introduction to them, I surfed through my channels and landed on MTV at 4 a.m. To my surprise, they played a video from The Script.

"Breakeven" (My second absolute favorite song)


I didn't know they were that popular. It's great to see a group deserving of such popularity on TV with videos. Then to find out that they had MORE videos just made my flipping day.

And all of this happened because I opened myself up to music I usually don't listen to. Give a song a chance, it could be the next great song on your list of favorites.

0 People Listening:

Related Posts with Thumbnails